Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sea to Pow Country....



This February's temps have been up and down with massive alpine warming followed by big dumps and big days. There will be no complaining from me based on the last couple of seasons where we didn't receive a single centimetre of snow in February. I promised myself I wouldn't let any good pow go to waist this season so we have been "on call". One Squamish back-yard zone we have frequented in past wasn't even ridable last year as a result of high freezing levels. It's on the lowish elevation side but when it's good to go there is no where else I'd rather be with my board!                        


We determined there was a 360cm base here in our snow profile. These pics speak for themselves!  





The forest this week-end was literally caked with cold blower!  


The old growth here is absolutely stunning!


Mmmm.... Pillows.



I can't wait to see what March has in store for us. It's only February and I'm feeling pretty satisfied from what this season's given us.

No comments: