Friday, November 6, 2015

Fattening up for winter....

 

The whole Fat Biking thing in Southwest BC hasn't taken off the way it has in other parts of the country and world for that matter. We have it pretty good here in Squamish and over on the North Shore where mountain biking is generally possible 12 months of the year. My preferred winter activities typically leave the bike in the basement and snow sliding tools come out. That changed for me last year when our below average winter snowpack left our alpine wind scoured and less than desirable for months at a time. Fortunately my career at Norco gave me access to Fat Bikes just waiting to be ridden in the Squamish back-country. To me it's the perfect tool to get some amazing fitness and scope out the snow conditions for my other winter activities. Not to mention they love to rip downhill.


Monday morning I looked out my window and this what I saw up on Mt Garibaldi....


Goat Ridge was also looking very white.... Hmmm, a Disneyland winter descent?    


Two weeks ago I picked up my very own 2016 Norco Sasquatch just in time for the first snowfall of the year!




There was a break in the stormy weather so I got out on a late afternoon ride up Paul Ridge....


Serratus, Alpha and Tantalus were looking just right....  





A  great few hours out to catch the Howe Sound sunset....    


A day later I convinced Brett it would be a good idea to ride to Elfin Lakes on the Fat Bikes.    




 


                                         

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! Hope to find some time soon to head up there from Seattle - not much snow nearby, yet.

PAT MULROONEY said...

Cheers 2wheeltrails.... The snow is certainly flying in our backyard now.